6:30pm: Networking, food and drinks, courtesy of our sponsors
- Ben Engber, CEO of Thumbtack Technology: How to Compare NoSQL Databases: Determining True Performance and Recoverability Metrics For Real-World Use Cases
- Srini Srinivasan, Co-Founder and VP Engineering of Aerospike: Predictable Big Data Performance in Real-time
Make sure to check out our great sponsors
- Forward who is hosting us
- Acunu: Monetizing real time Big Data has never been so easy, economic and fast
- Eden Ventures: leading technology investors
- Musicmetric: the world's most powerful artist analytics dashboard
- Aerospike: the only real-time NoSQL database taking advantage of today’s multi-core, multi-processor architectures and solid-state drives (SSDs).
- Thumbtack: consulting company specializing in NoSQL development and scalable systems design
Ben Engber is the CEO of Thumbtack Technology, a consulting company specializing in NoSQL development and scalable systems design. Ben has been tuning and optimizing internet-scale systems since 1995, and has deployed solutions across a wide variety of NoSQL and NewSQL solutions. Thumbtack provides architectural services to help companies create truly fault-tolerant systems that perform in the real world, and is a strategic partner with many NoSQL database and cloud vendors.
Srini V. Srinivasan, Aerospike founder, vice president of engineering & operations, brings 20-plus years of experience in designing, developing and operating Web-scale infrastructures, and he holds over a dozen patents in database, Internet, mobile, and distributed system technologies. Srini co-founded Aerospike to solve the scaling problems he experienced with Oracle databases at Yahoo! where, as senior director of engineering, he had global responsibility for the development, deployment and 24×7 operations of Yahoo!’s mobile products, in use by tens of millions of users. Srini joined Yahoo! as part of the Verdisoft acquisition, where as vice president of engineering, he oversaw the development of high-performance data synchronization products for mobile users. Srini also was chief architect of IBM’s DB2 Internet products, and he served as senior architect of digital TV products at Liberate Technologies.